My favorite post-workout snacks! If I’m running around after a workout I like to make sure I have a protein source and a carb source within 30-45 minutes or so to make sure I’m getting the most results out of my workout:
1. Tomato & basil rice cakes (or Dave’s killer bread) & deli turkey
2. 1stPhorm ice cream sandwich Protein shake with blueberries or banana
3. Apple + coconut Greek yogurt
4. Pretzels & fat free mozzarella
5. Hard boiled egg whites + wheat thins
6. Tuna pita pocket
7. Protein oatmeal
Post workout, ideally you want to ingest around 20-25g protein and 30g carb. If you’re able to have a full meal after working out, with high protein, high carb and low fat that would be most beneficial!
Try and stay away from fats around your workouts since they digest slowly and you want carbs and protein to break down quickly and refuel your body.
What’s your favorite snack?