How many of you have thought/said this? I know I used to for sure & almost every client who comes to me says this.
I’d wake up, feel fine then step on the scale & that number would immediately cloud my day.
DAMNIT, I’ve been working so hard and it hasn’t moved. What gives?!
Well, lots and lots and lots of things actually but most importantly:
Why are you letting that number dictate your day?
Try focusing on EVERY other aspect of progress:
1. Adherence-how have your habits changed?
2. PROGRESS PHOTOS-seriously, take them!
3. Has your strength changed in the gym? Are you much more consistent than you used to be?
4. How’s your mental health? Have you listened to any helpful podcast or read any self development books lately? Do you give yourself more grace as you learn new things? Have you learned what works for you and what makes you feel bad?
5. Have you developed new healthier habits?
6. Are your clothes fitting better?
7. Are you relationships getting better?
Being consistent the majority of the time in your nutrition & training approach is KEY to making changes so focus on the HABITS instead of the pesky details like a number that tells your relation to the earth.
My client Brianne here has LOTS going on in her life & there were days of completely going over macros. Some days the scale went up even when everything was “perfect”. But she frequently audits her life & makes adjustments to continue progressing.
Maybe “progress” has absolutely nothing to do with being “smaller”, and everything to do with showing up for yourself over and over and over again ♥️
Give yourself TIME & understand that progress is NEVER linear (swipe to the last photo), check out those dates-that’s 126 DAYS committed to being her best self.
I know it can be hard to do on your own so if you need help, reach out & fill out the form in my profile. It’s okay to ask for help!